I’m not sure how this came to me, but I came up with a pretty good, easy and healthy recipe today.
- 1 head of bok choy
- 2 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- garlic (couple cloves)
- thyme (enough to lightly cover skillet)
- oregano (enough to heavily cover skillet)
- 1 container frozen red chile
- Cut up the bok choy and steam it such that it would be edible as is
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes
- Get our your French skillet and put some olive oil in it (you probably want to wait until the bok choy is finished steaming)
- Heat on medium
- Add garlic, thyme and oregano to oil and sautee for a short while
- Add the chicken and some salt (be careful not too much)
- Cook stirring occasionally until chicken is almost edible (i.e. you could pick up a piece of it and taste it and not be like “oh shit I’m eating raw chicken, that was dumb”) (actually I recommend trying a piece, because at this point it should taste pretty good)
- Add the bok choy and red chile, simmer with lid on for 10 minutes or so
- Serve. I served it with just bread on the side because I didn’t have the foresight to make rice. But I think rice would be yummy, which if you have a decent steamer could be cooked while you are steaming the bok choy.
So that’s it. Pretty simple. If anyone actually makes this I’d would love to hear about your experience.